The Solar Physics Task Group includes a list of professionals and enthusiasts that provide fast, reliable feedback and help for any question.
If you want to contact us by e-mail, please replace the “_(AT)_” for a “@”. For example, if you had the e-mail spam_(AT)_solarastronomy2009.org, you would need to write email@example.com
- ChairmanBruno Sánchez-Andrade Nuño, PhD (Space Science Division at NRL, Washington DC)
For more info visit www.brunosan.eu
- Clementina Sasso, PhD (MPS Germany / Italy)contact: sasso_(AT)_mps.mpg.de
- Cristiana Dumitrache, PhD ( Astronomical Institute of Romanian Academy, Romania)I was IHY national representative for Romania. I set up a solar blog to be a common romanian outreach point. My generation made strong effors to communicate science, and now I see IYA is an opportunity for the new generation to take over our support and activities. I am speaking as an old astronomer who started on the ‘17 as amateur astronomer. My generation, in my country hardly had an astronomy course. I in fact never had one, but from a local amateur observatory. Only while Faculty I received my diploma, when I started as professional astronomer. I have long experience as an amateur astronomer (both with night and daytime observations). I continue now as head of the Solar Group, supplying now the previous lack of astronomy studies. My experience may well s be valuable for all people of country with problems in astronomy education and you and your generation turn is really to supply this facts in all world around.
- Hubertus Woehl (KIS, Germany)contact: hw_(AT)_kis.uni-freiburg.de
- Luis Vieira (MPS Germany / Brazil)contact: vieira_(AT)_mps.mpg.de
- Manoj Pai (Astronomers without borders / India)contact: iya2009_(AT)_1au.in
- Marilena Mierla, PhD (Bucharest Observatory, Romania)contact: mmierla_(AT)_gmail.com
- Philipe Kobel (MPS, Germany)contact: kobel_(AT)_linmpi.mpg.de
- Ricardo Cardoso Reis (Center for Astrophysics - University of Porto, Portugal)I work in the Outreach Unit of Centro de Astrofísica da Universidade do Porto (CAUP), in Portugal. Among many other outreach activities I develop there, I’m co-producer and presentor of most shows in the Planetarium of Porto. I was also the coordinator of the “Dawn of IYA2009” activity.
- Steele Hill (SOHO/STEREO Media Specialist - NASA)contact: steele.w.hill_(AT)_nasa.gov